Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Move that body!

The introduction to salsa dancing was fun! And fun is understatement: I had a blast. At first I thought I wouldn't go through with it but after staying late at work I eventually gathered the courage to get in the car and just go for it. Of course I wasted a lot of time driving back and forth, trying to find a parking spot, so it's a good thing I'm always so freakishly early. Entering the club on my own was a bit confrontational because they were all staring (or it just felt that way), but I smiled and made my way over to the bar.

The plus side of going somewhere on your own is that it's easier for others to start a conversation, compared to when you're with a group. I was just settling in at the corner of the bar when one of the dance instructors came over and started to chat. Not too long after he left another guy started a conversation about work and politely pointed out I was still wearing my batch. Embarrassing! We talked for a while and it turned out the company he works for is a customer of the company I work for. It's a small world after all.

I've danced my way through childhood and puberty, but lost interest along the way and stopped doing it. A shame, actually, because I really enjoyed doing it. So, while on my mission of discovering myself, I've decided it's about time I go ahead and start moving this body again. Shaking the laziness out! Guess I'll be hating myself the first few lessons...

No comments:

Post a Comment